- GDS means “Global Distribution System” – any network used by travel agencies to reserve flights, book hotel rooms, rent cars, etc.
- There are 4 main networks – Amadeus, Galileo / Apollo, Sabre, Worldspan.
- Through GDSs, travel agents get availability and rates, and make reservations.
- GDSs usually do not allow individual properties to be listed, so independent hotels need distributors.
- Have a place in over 600,000 travel agencies worldwide
- Put your hotel on the same level as international hotel chains and take advantage of the travel-agency market
- Receive bookings from the 4 GDS channels and IDS (Internet Distribution Systems): Sabre, Amadeus, Galileo / Apollo and Worldspan.
- Enter the world of the GDS and increase your average daily rate.