[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text el_class=»bullets-visibles»]The ghost of COVID-19 is still suffered in America, but we can say that we have already begun to look to the future.
The tourist and hotel activity has been reestablished in several countries of the world and we observe them to reflect it or not in our hotels.
As we know, The World Travel and Tourism Council (WTTC) has worked together with the World Health Organization (WHO) and the Centers for Disease Prevention (CDC) on a series of global protocols for the entire industry, understanding that » the new face of tourism ”will have strict hygiene and sanitation standards for spaces. The intention is to standardize criteria and provide health guidance to providers, operators and tourists from all over the world so that they can travel once the critical phase of Covid-19 has passed.
These protocols seek the speedy reactivation of the sector, the recovery of jobs and compensate the enormous financial losses caused by the fall in tourism due to the pandemic, and we consider that those who do not comply with them will not be chosen by the next travelers.
It is a fact that the trips will continue in force and will resume with strength, but not as we knew it until before the pandemic
In this article, we want to provide you with general guidelines to be taken into account by hotel departments that have contact with the guest.
Undoubtedly it has become the hotel department where excellence must be the standard.
Daily routines will be needed that include:
- Disinfection of each room after check out
- Alcohol-based hand sanitizers on each floor, elevators, entrances, exits, and reception.
- Disinfection of TV controls, light switches, thermostats and door handles.
- Cleaning and reduced capacity in elevators, as well as promoting the use of stairs.
- Each hotel will find the best way to promote it, always according to its possibilities and structure.
This department will surely be transformed in its structure and tasks.
The image of a reception full of guests checking in or checking out has been in the past.
Technologies must be implemented to replace unnecessary physical contact.
- Early online check in. A modern Booking Engine will allow you to report the details from the creation of the reservation.
- Disinfection of room cards
- Bluetooth locks for opening doors from the cell phone
- Electronic payment of accommodation, extra consumption, restaurant expenses, etc.
- Staying informed and showing clarity and calm to new guests will be the key to gaining their trust.
- Request for room service, cleaning, food, from the guest’s own cell phone
- Web check out
Food and drinks
- If possible, delivery of breakfasts in the room. They must coordinate it with the rest of the departments. It may be necessary to reformulate breakfast ingredients in order to offer it.
- Buffets must ensure that guests do not handle food. The best recommendation would be to delete them. If this option is not possible, handling should be guaranteed only by hotel staff under strict hygiene regulations.
- Deep cleaning and social distancing from the tables.
- Use of facial masks for waiters.
- Electronic menus, queue management with social distancing in case of waiting.
- Promote contactless payments, email receipts and free WIFI.
- Hand sanitizer at entrances and exits, tables, bathrooms and other points.
- Capacity limits in parking lots, to avoid overcrowding.
In addition to these general guidelines, each hotel should add its own protocols regarding the regulations of its country, hotel chain to which it belongs, etc.
Complying with a global guideline will allow tourists’ confidence to be recovered more quickly, favoring the recovery of the hotel.
Recommendations, changes and regulations are constantly created and modified, so we recommend that you always be informed.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]